AVM 11.5% 2.9¢ advance metals limited

Have been holding Anvil shares for sooo long now.Bought in when...

1. 572 Posts.
    Have been holding Anvil shares for sooo long now.

Bought in when Congo war erupted and Anvil closed shop -waiting for better times.
    When management reduced expenditure to negligible amounts, staff costs were minimal, management travelled tourist class to preserve funds and Dikulushi was announced to be the richest potential open cut copper mine in the world I was INNN!
    Anvil just had to be well managed and facing a bright future.

Somewhere along the way accumulated 50 thousand Anvil shares - down to 25 thousand now.

My most foolish mistake along the way was attempting to sell 2 thousand shares while in a hurry at an internet cafe.
    Accidently in my hurry placed a sell order for 20 thousand at market.
    The sell order was taken out in a few seconds.
    Turnover was strong in those days.

The Accidental Order saved may bacon.
    Selling price was over $17 and share price was to fall to 90 cents with onset of GFC.
    Saved my bacon actually as was much geared at the time.

Anvil was my retirement stock and another two or three dollars in the take over would have made me more satisfied.

One would have retired wealthy if all had gone well.

Anvil was a great company with an "Always Something" problem.

Wars in Congo, World financial set backs, difficulty in obtaining finance, rebels attacking Anvil's home towns,
    civil action taken at Anvil for supposedly being part of a massacre, the latest GFC catching Anvil at the stage of setting up the SX-EW plant and associated financial predicament; the "saviour" Trafigua providing funds at dilution of shareholders equation --- and now the take- over by Chinese interests.
    Others would no doubt add much more to the series of - "always something".

Trafigua was able to sacrifice shareholders right to receive an honest take-over price in order to maximise their profits in unloading their substantial holding.
    I have no doubt management and directors will not suffer as a consequence but that is something we may never know.

The sell out of Avil would not have happened under the management of Bill Turner.
    A compassionate man who built up Anvil from a tin pot prospecting venture, suffered life threatening incidents with admirable tenacity, made extraordinary efforts to ensure the local population benefited and were taken car of.

Anvil was Bill's baby and he knew the value and potential for Anvil and would have ensured share holders wre his first consideration.
    He will be saddened and dismayed at the collapse.

Should copper price continue a downward path, warehouse stocks continue to increase and institutions quit investment holding of the metal the pain may be mitigated ----- a little.

World markets are very vulnerable to a second collapse.
    Harry Dent (junior) predictions could well eventuate and suggestion that the next collapse late this year or early next year will be deeper and longer than the last market collapse.
    We hope not.

Apart for a small investment in gold stock and a little more in silver stocks I will probably hold mostly cash once the take-over is finalised.

Best wishes to Miningnut, KKR, Whitelight, Flats and the many other people who have contributed to the HC posts for Anvil. Everyone's input was much appreciated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.9¢
Change
0.003(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $3.927M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.9¢ 2.4¢ $36.69K 1.440M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25692 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 51842 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.