ATH 0.00% 0.3¢ alterity therapeutics limited

I will try one more time. Getting ready to start a phase3 is way...

1. 5,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    I will try one more time. Getting ready to start a phase3 is way out in front of any competing drug which is just starting a a phase1 trial. The rest is too stupid for words. Time to finish this thread. I intend to resist replying to your posts which are obviously just to trash the board.
    In the unlikely event anybody else reading wants an answer to the 11 year question, which has been discussed ad nauseam here, Euro P2 AD trial completed 2008 at the height of the GFC. Cash had dried up. Post hoc ranking analysis done in 2009 and published in 2010 identifying more efficacy. Plans for 500 patient trial could not be executed because of cash position, so a much smaller exploratory IMAGINE trial was planned and ethics committee approval received in Nov 2011 and executed march 2012. Prior to these dates Huntington's disease experts had suggested trialling PBT2 in HD, interested in the exec function gains seen in the Euro AD trial. Prana announced that they intended to take PBT2 to market first in the orphan indication HD. The FDA approved the Reach2HD Jan 2012.
    PRANA MANAGEMENT HAD TAKEN PRANA THROUGH THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL ON PRECIOUS LITTLE CASH AND COME OUT OF THE CRISIS RUNNING TWO CLINICAL TRIALS. That was a fantastic management performance while others failed.
    [“In the midst of a perfect storm,” that's where biotech firms are right now, says James Greenwood, head of the US Biotechnology Industry Organization. The global financial crisis has reduced venture capital, the essential funds that fuel biotech companies, to $16 billion in 2008, a 46% decrease compared with 2007, according to Ernst & Young auditors. This means that half of the 370 publicly traded US biotech companies lack funds to weather the current financial storm over the next 6 to 12 months. And stock markets will not be able to come to the rescue. Although biotech companies raised $1.9 billion on stock exchanges worldwide in 2007, only $5.8 million was raised in a single initial public offering in 2008. Eleven American biotech companies filed for bankruptcy in 2008, and it is not clear how many others could share a similar fate.]
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867409009052
    That was the situation when Prana P2 Euro trial results were released at the height of the GFC. To complicate things a little TauRx announced their Rember trial results with some claims which were not published for 5 years, but in 2008 they stole much of the attention.
    Results for both Prana trials out by early 2014. Last half of 2014 Prana ran two P1 trials to check effects of food and caffeine on PBT2. As planned the HD P3 trial was to follow, but the FDA stopped any progress to recruiting, although over the last year the trial design probably been done. I estimate it normally takes about 12 to 18 months between trials under normal conditions, so the partial hold has probably held up progress so far about 12 months. There are your 11 years X.
    A quote from the science direct article quoted above[” To transform a scientific idea into a single drug can cost up to $800 million and may take 10 to 12 years from the first lab experiments to approval by the US Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency, according to Aldrich.] I guess Prana have only burned a little over $100m. Considering the GFC and the PCH, provided they can get past the PCH, Prana are doing OK IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $1.633K 487.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 32189472 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 126368541 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.