farm land

1. 214 Posts.
    I have been thinking today.

Everything, as it seems, tend to continually depreciate in value (for example bank notes), or if it appreciates in value (ie. oil) it is dissapearing/being used up, or is a fad (tulips, snake oil, ostriches, emus, other flightless birds etc)

Gold is one thing that is of limited supply, but increasing slowly and universally their is a billion tonnes for every man women child dog cat and other monkey animal combinations. Not suggessting gold is valueless, but you cant eat it (You can but the nutritional value is not great).

Land is one thing which is not increasing. Weve colonised and 'conquered' the entire planet. Technically speaking the amount of land is decreasing from a human perspective due to degradation.

I propose that in the face of increasing population of the earth by humans, that farm land is one of the only things that the 'small guy' can buy that will appreciate in value or at least hold its value in respect to all the turmoil we will be presented with when too many monkeys are in the cage and bananas are hard to find.

What do others think? I own nothing but plan to own a farm one day as a store of stability for the family name.

This thinking has come from a great deal of reading on disempowering the population, one world order etc. Call me crazy, but a lot of the stuff adds up. In the majority of our lifetimes we will be a mass of 9 billion people, with enough post easy carbon energy and technology to support about half this. With every person born we are becoming a number, numbers are easier to control than people.

Farmland per head will essentially decrease until the population peaks, and as such is a hedge against whatever is going to come out of all this.

My idea is productive farmland, but not degraded, i see no point in major inputs for major outputs, but a stable continual return from the land.

Can a government take the land off you? When i buy the land do i own it or am i leasing it? What are other peoples positions on this idea that farmland is one of the only things garanteed to hold or appreciate in value as governments go nuts printing money and changing laws and globalising us?

Sorry for the ramblings but im getting a bit tired of being at the mercy of people i have never seen, probably aernt too much smarter than me, but having cunning plans.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.