TAN 0.00% 66.5¢ tandou limited

farmers, page-13

1. 294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Yes triage 9 bales per hectare is probably about right for upland, although slightly on the high side for TAN historical production avg.

Don't need to be a genius to see that the 6500 hectare crop is going to be a bumper. All rough figures below

6500 x 8 x 900 AUD per bale = 47 odd m plus say 3 for selling the seed

Looking at revenues of 50m. I think this thing could do a profit of about 20m. Sounds pretty good for a company that has a market cap of less than 50m, however I am not certain that it won't be wasted, would not be surprised to see all this money being spent on higher expenses and investments in water rights - I don't know enough about water rights to know whether this will be a good investment. The cure for high prices of cotton is high prices, expect to see this story replicated all over the globe:

http://theland.farmonline.com.au/news/state/grains-and-cropping/general/murrumbidgees-cotton-boom/2091822.aspx

And no I don't agree that TAN is a water business. They have been selling water rights and buying back new rights to make the revenues from water look better than they really are while at the same time bolstering the balance sheet. This is not clear from the fin stats but if you email the co secretary they will admit it. Personally I feel it is disingenuous the way they have tried to pass off money from selling rights as continuing revenue when really it is just from the sale of capital assets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.