CIG 0.00% 6.0¢ caspian oil & gas limited

farmin to sto acreage

1. 5,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    At first glance some might not realise that it's STO offering a farmin opportunity to CIG, and not the reverse:

"Caspian is evaluating an offer from Santos to farm-in to three prospective areas in their southern Fergana Basin licences, Soh and Tuzluk. The farm-in would be for a minimum of 2 wells (drilling with Caspian’s rig) to depths of up to 2,000m with mean unrisked reserves of 5-6 million barrels per prospect."

I would leap at the chance if I were CIG. I bet they could do a pretty sweet deal around the use of their rig. Otherwise STO might have some interesting fun and games trying to source another rig for the job. I understand these are the licences that STO had prioritised for running additional seismic over so maybe they are reasonably happy with what they've seen so far. I assume these prospects are some of the shallower and smaller sub-thrust targets that the Soviets never got onto. I think something on the Manas website mentions that every well drilled on these srtuctures to date has discovered commercial oil.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.