FAS 0.00% 0.4¢ fairstar resources limited

hays everyone misses the point generally there's between a 3 and...

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 563
    hays everyone misses the point generally there's between a 3 and 6 to one strip ratio for iron ore miners to get to the ore body FAS doesn't have that they dig 121mt or whatever it is and get 24mt iron ore the only difference is they have to screen it all whereas other miners cart the strip to waste stockpiles and dump, Yandi has a 58% iron content which means they had to at least screen around 100mt of dirt to get the 54mt they process a year but what isn't mentioned is the 100's of mt of overburden they have to shift as well.

I worked out for FAS to move 3mt of iron ore they need to screen 18mt of dirt a year which is around 50kt a day placed in a haul truck and through the screens which is only 200 odd trips in a haul truck so there isn't anything there that strikes me as too concerning. except they need a number of big screens and a good process to dump that waste ore off the screens and back to a waste stockpile.

No drill and blast req'd so the process to me will be cheaper than nearly every1 else IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.