A bit of rivalry in the past in my family - on one side Fords -...

1. 8,058 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 835
    A bit of rivalry in the past in my family - on one side Fords - Capri V6, both 4& 6 cylinder Cortinas, but then Holdens - a HK and a HQ Monaro both 2 door coupes. Back in those days the environment was not a consideration for driving - only power, torgue and to some extent fuel economy - the 2l Cortina from memory was the best at around 25miles/gallon and was the only one with a manual gearbox - the 6 cylinder version had more grunt but a lot more thirsty - didn't care too much - more a case of if you're thirsty you drink or perish.

All the above were bought reasonably cheap at the time - fuel consumption was never a consideration. Never was any talk on 'range' anxiety, fire issues or charging times or CO2 emissions. (BTW, I thought cars emitted CO). But there were Holden versus Ford and to a lesser degree Valiant rivalries. Never had a Valiant, knew people who loved them.

Far too much talk these days about climate alarmism - deters from the fun of driving. Guess just shut up and drive:

Lets - and by using real cars - cars that sing when tuned. smile.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.