PLS 2.24% $4.10 pilbara minerals limited

As sunny has said there are multiple factors, the same as the...

1. N94
    249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    As sunny has said there are multiple factors, the same as the degredation of any other battery chemistry whom all face the same issues (to varing extents).

I suggest reading into and researching lithium battery BMS devices and their functions to get a good idea and understanding of how lithium battery packs are managed.

ill try cut a long story short, but the Battery Management System is trying to keep individual (groups of) lithium cells within their optimum parameters, and outright prevent deviations outside of hard limits.

they can be complex or simple, in that a BMS could say, ok something is trying to draw 100 amps from the battery and the limit on what I can supply is 80, therefore i will stop power supply to protect the battery pack.another could he temperature limits.

Alternatively a more complex system may have charts and other parameters programmed that can allow more flexibility. Example, it could say ok I have a load of 100 amps and this battery can provide 80 amps constant when below 40*c, but It can also supply up to 150 amps for say, 30 seconds @ 40*c and 20seconds at 50*c, and then decide on whether to allow power delivery based on its programming and sensor readings.

it gets more complex again if the BMS can also communicate with a vehicles computer, which could limit motor output and thus power draw in adverse conditions, allowing a vehicle to continue to operate.

At the end of the day, theres no simple answer as to how a complete vehicle battery solution is going to degrade as literally every make and model can have different parameters and limits for the hundreds of combinations of variables.

Just like building an ICE, it's reliability and durability is dependant on engineering, design, quality of manufacture and the individual pack's use.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.10
Change
0.090(2.24%)
Mkt cap ! $12.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.02 $4.17 $4.00 $91.74M 22.42M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12066 $4.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.11 223809 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.10
  Change
0.090 ( 2.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.02 $4.17 $4.01 6329493
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.