BIT 5.00% 1.9¢ biotron limited

Fast spreading Variant, Mutation, Resistant and New Strain, page-48

1. 2,856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2431
    So, the virus has mutated and beginning to make vaccines obsolete, just as we suggested here many months ago.

But how much more will they mutate and how many more vaccines will become ineffective? For those who aren't aware, the AstraZeneca vaccine is now no longer going to be used in Sth Africa as it has proven ineffective against the new strain of virus there.

We don't know what the future holds for vaccines successfully fighting the virus. There is every chance that the vaccines will win the fight, even if they must continuously be reinvented.

Regardless, it is clear that any successful drugs that can also join the fight will be more than welcome, and as we all hope here, a new antiviral would become the bitcoin of medicine. This cannot be overstated.

From a traders perspective, going into phase 1 trials is not always bring a large price movement, but in this case, if it eventuates, it will be massive and ongoing. But that remains to be seen. I do however believe it. I mention it now because, well, you know why.......

Not long now.

In the meantime, do you know how the virus has mutated? Many of you will remember the basics of your school biology class about the principles of biological evolution. 'Survival of the Fittest' comes to mind. This is certainly a basic principle, or outcome of evolution, but I'd like to share with you some prior principles that help explain the process in light of our mutating virus.

You'll recall from when we first discussed this, it was suggested that the spread of the virus globally will promote mutation. This is because there is simply more host environment for it to live, and hence, with more virus, more chance of it evolving, statistically speaking. But how does it do that?

Here is a simple principle that your school text books probably didn't teach.

There are not two physical things in our universe that are identical. They may be exceedingly similar, but impossibly identical. This is because all matter is in a constant state of flux, or perpetual change. It is this difference between things, and in this case, the differences in each individual virus and its constant change, that is the seat of any mutation. Whether or not that mutation (change) becomes significant requires another set pf circumstances, but for our discussion, it is enough to know that the global spread of the virus has enabled it to become altered enough to evade at least one of our vaccines.

As all readers know here, these virus changes are predominately in the spike protein, which is where vaccine development focus, whereas Biotron's potential antiviral will be effective against the E protein, the most conserved structural of the four essential proteins.

Any success in making this antiviral may be like the mutant virus itself, that is, it may make vaccines obsolete too. Wouldn't that be nice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.