Anyone else having problems with Fat Prophets? I've been a loyal...

1. 2 Posts.
    Anyone else having problems with Fat Prophets? I've been a loyal subscriber of theirs for the past ten years.
    I was phoned by them recently, asking me to renew, which surprised me as I thought I'd bought a multi-year subscription a couple of years ago. They told me that my subscription in fact was running out later this year. After negotiation, they offered me a 5.5 year subscription for $3000, which I paid by credit card.
    I checked later on their website and I still had over 7 years to go on one of my existing subscriptions and over 5 years on the other. The new subscriptions would take me up to the year 2031, when I'll be 89 and probably not much interested in investing!! That's of course assuming that they're still in business then.
    Anyway, I phoned the sales bloke, then a week later his boss, both of whom reluctantly agreed to refund my money. I've now been waiting 3 weeks without the refund and am about to raise a complaint with the Financial Services Ombudsman and and another one with ASIC.
    It's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth, but one way or another I'm determined to get my money back.
    I'd be interested to know whether I'm Robinson Crusoe.
    Last edited by Spydah1: 13/02/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.