I would assume that would already exist in the building code...

1. 6,693 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I would assume that would already exist in the building code that is in place now.

It's like any house that sits there for that long and out of the builders warranty and then suddenly moves.

So when that happens what has changed, excessive dry period, excessive wet, or excavation, questions that qualified people will be asked.
    From the tele there was some construction next door recently, who knows if one of the new pilings next door disturbed an underground spring so questions, questions and questions to come.
    I'm talking in basic terms here as I don't where the actual building is and what is built around it since.

If I lived there I would be angry as hell and would be doing a lot of finger pointing as well.
    Even though the builders insurance part has run out they would we paying their own building insurance through their body corp and most likely in the fine print would exclude this type of incident as well.

Well someone has signed off on the engineered plans for the footings/foundation to this building and no doubt those plans are being checked ten fold.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.