Hi s8,I am starting to realise how interlinked the Ausralian...

1. 278 Posts.
    Hi s8,
    I am starting to realise how interlinked the Ausralian music industry is. This person played with this band, then that, then produced this or that etc. Is that partly because it is a fairly small group of people that make up the music scene?

I don't think it's really about the size of the industry. It's probably more to do with who you meet while on the road, doing festivals, recording, being on the same label and being like minded. If your not the principal songwriter or a part of that team, then you can really move around as you like.

"The Cure still sound good.
    A Forest"

I forgot how good that album was...

"Memory is coming back.
    Saw Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music at the Hordern Pavillion.
    I think the Hordern's had a facelift since then. As a venue it is not too big,
    Can you believe Ferry is 64 yo?"

The Hordern has had a facelift. The original was smaller and the stage was a the other end of the room to where it's located now.
    God, I've seen some shows there over the years.

Perhaps we can start a Hordern thread after we've exhausted this one!

The worst gig I saw in 2009 was Bryan Ferry at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. I've seen some bad gigs in my life, but that one takes the cake.
    Said nothing to anyone..forgot the lyics to songs....do I need to go on?
    Shame really.
    Having said that his support was Joan Armatrading..who got a standing ovation
    ( rightfully so too I may add..she was wonderful)
    On being asked if he enjoyed the Australian tour by a friend he answered "no not really...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.