Favourite wine varieties, page-30

1. 29,177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 646
    It’s often an evolving taste with wines, over the years I’ve noticed a lot of my friends and family originally in their young years liked sweet whites and pinks, there wasn’t today’s variety. In my late teens early 20’s I liked super sweet whites like Saturnes and Moselle then things like Reisling Frascati Mateus Rose and Beaujolais never really liking or drinking red at all. Went on to drink large amounts of Houghtons white Burgundy, now called Classic white and cheaper than it was 20 years ago and drinking less and less sweeter and less fruity wine. Now I only like pretty much heavy non fruity reds especially Cab Savs and have noticed the price often doesn’t reflect the quality of the wine.
    Find Jacobs Creek Reserve Cab Sav is very consistent to my taste and often $10 at Dans for the current vintage and much better than pl3nty if $25 wines. Today I bought some limited release 2012 for about $16.50 and it’s great and would be comparable to a lot of $35 Cab Savs and I bought one bottle of Reschkes BOS Cab Sav 2009 for $35 pictured below. To my taste an absolutely brilliant wine that probably won’t keep much longer and I recommend trying . Another thing to try with wine is taste it without food and compare a few at the same time.
    There use to be a great wine show on channel 31 where three guys did blind tastings..rating the wine ..guessing its variety and value. Three brilliant guys ,one was actually blind and one called Cage could go close to identifying every wine in terms of region and variety..
    When they tasted Grange Hermitage they all rated it a $35 wine lol
    Last edited by hombre cara: 13/06/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.