FBR 2.22% 4.6¢ fbr ltd

FBR is going to build a second house for another big house builder very soon., page-78

1. 711 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    This product looks like an amazing product but I suspect it may be a few years ahead of it's time basically.

I have done fair few house developments and I can see a few big issues in commercializing this particular product (my comments are genuine and happy to be proven wrong)

1) If I am understanding it correctly, this thing cannot lay common bricks. Its designed to lay specific types of bricks. This will be a big issue as it cuts it only to those projects where specifically designed bricks are used. Not to mention the brick itself will be under scrutiny in terms of sound, fire proofing and meeting basix requirement.

2) It requires space for the truck to sit on and manouvre, some sites will have it, others wont, and unless if the robot can be extended, there are only limited places on common land where truck can be parked, will require traffic management which is additional

3) Given current environment, there is no incentive for governments to encourage a robot to lay bricks. If anything the government will want create jobs in construction

4) Brick layers will bend backwards for some time to come for work. Construction industry has been hit hard and they will take a pay cut to get work.

5) How will they be applying mortar? I couldnt see in any of the videos how they do it and I am assuming this will be done separately through the holes within the brick, if thats how its done then it will add another layer.

The robot does seem great and would be able to address many safety issues in future and who knows what else the technology could be used, however I see an issue in making any kind of money with this thing right now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $221.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.9¢ 4.5¢ $387.1K 8.299M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 315279 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 221109 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.