FBR 0.00% 2.5¢ fbr ltd

A lot of common Euro builds are just porotherm or a similar type...

1. 419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    A lot of common Euro builds are just porotherm or a similar type of block laid on a strip footing with concrete lintels above doors and windows. See the photo below, i took this myself from a site i was walking past a while ago.

All the water proofing (other than rolling out dpc) and installation of windows and doors are done after the blockwork is complete. DPC is usually rolled out flat directly on the footing or over the first course. Not much work for the operator to roll it out.

Wall ties at intersections have already been accounted for in the block design the HX is using, it's a simple placement where the tie slots into a recess designed in the block, though most of their designs are fully bonded any and wont require it anyway. As well as the new blocks FBR are using are tongue and groove from their patent and are equally divisible into 4 cuts if needed with each cut retaining a groove after it has been cut, so off-cuts can definitely be used. The HX head can rotate 180 degrees turning a block around.

I dont suspect they would use stock standard porotherm blocks anyhow, you would have to assume they would take a similar approach with the brickworks partnership, designing and optimal block for robotic construction for European builds. That makes the most sense.

If the operator has to roll out some flashing or pop in some ties, it's not a huge amount of intervention, especially compared to the current format where i would have to nail in flashing to a frame, a well as drill/nail in wall ties which would take longer than just placing a tie into a recess, but anyone will agree the most significant time consuming part of bricklaying is certainly not putting down flashing or drilling in ties.

Anyway, my point was, old mate stating that the HX doesn't even have a remote chance of working from a regulatory stand point and supply standpoint without any confirmed facts is a stupid statement as the current building pilot progress with Archistruct, at least at this stage would seem to suggest otherwise, even in Australia, not to mention in Europe there will be far less industry changes to accommodate the HX, and i think even you could agree on that point.

If there was absolutely zero chance of the HX working from a regulatory stand point , Archistruct or Summit wouldn't even entertain the idea of paying FBR to demo their designs because they would never be able to get approval to build a display home and at the very least recoup their costs.

These displays are not getting demolished, they will be sold and lived in according to the annoucement.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1838/1838799-f3d86099d2493b3b416773e32411627a.jpg

Last edited by Bezzzzzo: 19/11/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $111.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $19.04K 755.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1797438 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 2500000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 7.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ 707625
Last updated 15.53pm 03/05/2024 ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.