MSB 7.64% $1.48 mesoblast limited

FDA does not over-rule positive ODAC decisions, page-14

1. mja
    1,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286
    It's natural to get nervous, with a large decision pending. I sold down 25% of my MSB position yesterday in a weak moment, at $5.29. I bought these shares back today.

As per an earlier post the FDA is very unlikely to go against an ODAC recommendation.

The only concern is regarding political interference or possible corruption. I cannot see anyone exercising political pressure to push a committee to vote against a life saving treatment for small children with no other option. If this got out it is career over, if not jail time.

If I was someone not adverse to taking some cash from big pharma, to assist with my decision making. This would be a vote where you would have to say I can't help you this time, I will have to take a pass. What amount of jail time would you be looking at if you voted against a treatment, that statistics infer would save many innocent children's lives?

We are not discussing a treatment for an illness that is the result of poor life decisions. Just unfortunate primary school children who developed cancer, and then had a complication of treatment.

Outside the heat of the moment I had approval post ODAC at greater than 98%. Now with an imminent decision, my irrational side is getting nervous. So, I have reviewed the facts rationally, bought back my full position. Now I am off to the gym, I will let things lay where they are, and anticipate good news tomorrow.

Key is not to have too large a position. With my position if the FDA rejected approval it would hurt a lot, but not be the end of the world. In other words a position size I can sleep well with while holding.
    Last edited by mja: 30/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.