NOX 1.52% 6.7¢ noxopharm limited

I have attached a successful application by Thermo Fisher...

1. 1,077 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    I have attached a successful application by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., to the FDA. From the web page .... for emergency use of the Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (Thermo Fisher) TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2

So there is nothing in common with the nature of Noxopahrm's submission to the FDA.

Thermo Scientific Inc FDA EUA Application
    (Right Click - Open in a New Window)

I note that this is dated 13 March 2020. Since the FDA declared the public health emergency on 4 February, I'm guessing that at most, it took the FDA five weeks to make this decision. Who knows, it could have been as little as maybe two weeks, as testing for COVID-19 was, and still is of course, a priority.

So on this basis, we may not have all that long to wait to see how the FDA responds to Noxopharm's application.

Given RBx's hope that Veyonda could reduce the critical impact of COVID-19 to more flu-like symptoms, then the potential to curtail the current death toll would also seem to rate pretty highly with the FDA.

I have also extracted the following from the FDA approval:

Criteria for Issuance of Authorization

I have concluded that the emergency use of the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit for testing individuals suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider meets the criteria for issuance of an authorization under Section 564(c) of the Act, because I have concluded that:

1. The SARS-CoV-2 can cause a serious or life-threatening disease or condition, including severe respiratory illness, to humans infected by this virus;

2. Based on the totality of scientific evidence available to FDA, it is reasonable to believe that the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit may be effective in diagnosing COVID-19, and that the known and potential benefits of the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit, when used for diagnosing COVID-19, outweigh the known and potential risks of such product; and

3. There is no adequate, approved, and available alternative to the emergency use of the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit for diagnosing COVID-19. 4

As far as the Noxopharm application is concerned, one and three appear to be covered.

With point 2, Veyonda has a proven safety record. So all that remains must be the first sentence - would it be reasonable for the FDA to believe ... that there would be some potential benefits of Veyonda. This is what I think that it will come down to.

I can't answer that. But I don't have to.

The Hudson Institute has already staked their reputation with the affirmative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.