NOX 1.45% 6.8¢ noxopharm limited

Stayso, I understand that a recent Nature article out of Wuhan...

1. RBx
    643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1002
    Stayso,

I understand that a recent Nature article out of Wuhan provides evidence that patients with severe COVID-19 symptoms reach a point at which their cytokine levels stabilise (level '8', for instance), before their status goes one of two ways: If the level falls from 8, they will survive; if the cytokine levels increase to 10 or more, they will die.

Some companies are testing drugs that inhibit a particular cytokine, which has obvious limitations. The Hudson Institute has discovered that Veyonda inhibits STING, which cuts off the source of most if not all cytokines involved in respiratory distress.

From a treatment perspective, it is a good thing that cytokines get to level 8 because this means the immune system is fighting the virus. I expect Veyonda to only be used when cytokine levels reach a critical point of 10 or higher, when patients are destined to die. If Veyonda is effective, shutting down STING should allow cytokine levels to stabilise at 8 or below, whereupon the immune system would again fight the virus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
-0.001(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $19.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 6.8¢ 6.6¢ $10.20K 152.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 51263 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 59000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.52pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.