MSB 2.17% $1.13 mesoblast limited

Couldn't agree more. I invested in A2M almost exactly 5 years...

1. 6,445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2625
    Couldn't agree more. I invested in A2M almost exactly 5 years ago. I have also actively traded it due to the volatility and because I know the company very well including all the players which which make it move (broker expectations, shorters, retail holder greed/fear factors, sales in various channels, govt policy/diagou activity, china regulations, dodgy media in bed with various shorters/brokers etc). That takes a lot of effort and while the numerous trades have been extremely profitable and I have put large $$ in them and used leveraged products, my buy and hold shares profits have an extra "0" at the end.

This post is not intended to be a bragg, but an encouragement to LT holders to makes sure they understand why and what they have invested in. There were so many retail holders spooked out of A2M shares over the last 5 years. So many come back on the forum and express their regret though most don't, they just stop posting on the forum. Lot's of idiots scared them out of their shares and as they really didn't know why they owned the company, they just saw red and panicked. That's probably why I am I pretty severe with some of these clowns/skimmers as I don't like to see well intentioned retail investors spooked out of shares. I just encourage them to research more and make sure they fully understand the risk and rewards for holding.

I'm not saying MSB will be the next A2M market darling but it has a lot of similar characteristics. A2M was started in 2000 but it took 15 years before the world understood what the research showed back in the early 2000's. Funnily, the trigger for success was Chinese manufacturers killing their infants with poison infant formula. No one trusted Chinese IF after that. Now we have China exporting a killer virus which has no cure and maybe MSB has a solution for the worst cases. Also, seems a similar time frame now for MSB - 15/16 years since inception.

Back in the early days the massive conglomerate Fonterra (read large Pharma) had an opportunity to buy out A2M for pittance instead the tried to sue them for making false claims. Fast forward 15 years, A2M is more than double Fonterra MC and they are now a raw ingredients supplier to them, making peanuts margins, whilst A2M make astronomical margins! They now generate so much free flow cash they outspend another huge multinational, Nestle, on marketing their infant formula, who btw have also abysmally failed to replicate the A2 concept in their own products (first mover advantage is not a theoretical concept).

Anyway, I can see a lot parallels. MSB with first mover advantage (and IP) with success on the cusp, then they won't need any of these big boys' funds. They will probably start suing some of them on IP breach soon enough, once Pharma see the money to be made in this area of medicine. Looks like there are a few smaller players already belligerently copying their IP thinking MSB don't have the funds to come after them. That can change very quickly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.