FDL flinders diamonds limited

I agree too. Some good alliances. The news summary copied from...

1. 3,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    I agree too. Some good alliances. The news summary copied from Investorweb below:

""Headline News
    Luzenac and Flinders in talc exploration agreement
    By RWE Australian Business News, 06 Sep 2007 Sydney - Thursday - Sep 6: (RWE Australian Business News) -

Australia's largest talc producer, Luzenac Australia Pty Ltd, has signed an agreement with Flinders Diamonds Ltd (ASX:FDL) and Maximus Resources Ltd (ASX:MXR) to explore for the industrial mineral in South Australia.

The agreement provides for Luzenac to take any commercial discovery through to an operating talc mine.

Luzenac, which approached Flinders about the exploration proposal, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto Ltd (ASX:RIO).

The company is Australia's main talc producer through its Three Springs operation, located 330km north of Perth.

"Luzenac's main focus for drilling and metallurgical work is near the Truro talc deposit, located about 80km northeast of Adelaide," Flinders managing director Dr Kevin Wills said today.

This area forms the northwest corner of EL 3064, over which Flinders holds diamond and industrial minerals rights, and which Luzenac will now have the exclusive right to explore for talc.

Base metal and gold rights to EL 3064 are held by Maximus Resources, which is also a signatory to the agreement. Any consideration will be shared in the proportions 75pc Flinders and 25pc Maximus.

"If a mine is developed, Flinders will benefit from a 1pc net smelter return royalty from any talc production," Dr Wills said. "" end of copy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.