No I haven't forgotten the people collapsing in Wuhan. Funny I...

1. 6,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    No I haven't forgotten the people collapsing in Wuhan. Funny I haven't seen many similar images elsewhere.

Have you watched the videos of bemused doctors saying we have no patients? Have you watched the doctors trying to tell us about the successful treatment plans they've given patients?Apparently, there is a worldwide conspiracy of GPs who are making things up, so the angelic politicians and Big tech companies are generously shutting them down because we're too stupid to deal with GPs in 2020.

Anyway, sure you don't want it, and you are free to lock yourself down as you see fit. I think it is important people weigh up their aversion to risk. If you have no co-morbidity issues, obesity etc, you are much less than 1 percent of deaths at your age. Personally I do choose to stay closer to home in winter and avoid the busy spots. I don't, however, insist my young adult daughter live her existence abnormally because of the small possibility that she might infect me with an illness.

I am concerned about the 65+ age group on an exponential scale as they get older. Heartless b*stard that you think I am, I have relatives in their 80s. Both nearly passed away with flu last year. Our efforts as a community needs to be there. Perhaps some parts of the world can't manage that level of care, I believe Victoria can without this draconian shutdown of everyday life.

One things for sure, the reports of rising suicide rates from around the world are rising. The number of routine surgeries is down, the level of social isolation is up. These factors are forgotten, so how much lower did the figure of 2.4 deaths per 100,000 people in Melbourne need to go to be below the level at which you would have considered locking down a city and an 8pm curfew ridiculous?

PS. when they were shutting pubs at 6pm were people also being told they couldn't leave their houses? Unless they were, your point is unrelated bollox!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.