I put that fool on ignore a while ago - too much "i'm not...

1. 1,459 Posts.
    I put that fool on ignore a while ago - too much "i'm not aligned to any side of politics bullsh*t".

But for those who want to take their head out of the sand:

AAP

The federal opposition has seized on a survey which suggests half of small businesses are already feeling the effects of Labor's carbon tax.

The national survey of 186 small firms conducted for News Limited newspapers has found 50 per cent are reporting carbon tax-related price hikes.

But only one in three say they are passing on the costs to consumers, it says.

Coalition small business spokesman Bruce Billson says small firms are stuck with higher carbon tax costs, but many don't feel they can pass them on due to difficult trading conditions.

"Small businesses are stuck between a rock and a hard place with the carbon tax," he told reporters in Canberra.

"They are the intended casualties of a carbon tax designed to hurt and harm the Australian economy."

Coalition climate action spokesman Greg Hunt said Prime Minister Julia Gillard must start visiting small businesses to hear about their concerns first-hand.

"What we see today is more evidence the carbon tax isn't just about large firms," he said.

It was about butchers, fruit producers, injection moulders, and people involved in making solar hot water panels.

"They're the people who are bearing the real cost of the carbon tax," he said.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Coalition-seizes-on-carbon-tax-survey-XC24A?OpenDocument&src=hp32

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.