fear of death , page-57

1. 27,700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Imagine that our life experiences are stored as a series of video clips.

Not ordinary video clips that record just images and sounds, but ones that record all of our experiences such as touch, taste, smell, thoughts, emotions and so on.

Some of these clips don't seem to have time and date stamps. For example those that I recall from childhood have no time or location relevance in terms of experience for me - they are just as real to me than those recorded recently 10,000km from my place of birth.

The only experiences that are real to me are from those recordings made in the close to 70 years of my life time. The time represents all but a very tiny slice of the universe's 13 billion odd years existence but to me that small slice of time is limitless because I'm not aware of a beginning.

Taking the video clip analogy further.

About 10 years ago I had an operation. The anaesthetist and surgeon where husband and wife. I recall the last frame of a video clip in which I was joking with them telling them that domestics should be avoided during the procedure.

The next frame of the video clip were masked faces and my spouse looking down at me. The operation was complete.

There was absolutely nothing in between these two frames. No time elapse, no thoughts, no emotions.... nothing. It was as if the two frames were joined in spite of the hour and a half gap.

Now if I had died under anaesthetic would I have just continued with the "nothingness".

I wonder.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.