Very rarely are these emotive issues looked at objectively...

1. 317 Posts.
    Very rarely are these emotive issues looked at objectively enough, instead people pass judgement based on feelings and fail to look at situations like this with a critical eye.

some thoughts:

Do any of you think the couple in question made this decision flippantly? I am guessing arriving at the conclusion they did was an extremely heart wrenching decision that they probably agonised over for weeks.

Do you think that taking the baby and resenting it, secretly wishing they had never taken it, and somehow blaming it for not being what they wanted is a better choice?

Looking after down's children is difficult - a lifelong job. Some people are not willing to give up their own personal or professional goals for this full time, life long job. Caring in that regard is not for everyone.

And what of the sister, no praise for bringing her home to a loving family?

I can say with absolute surety that I would not adopt a baby with down's. You can bring the hate if you want, but I have worked very hard to build the wealth, career and lifestyle that I want, and don't think it is anyone's place to judge me for it, just as it is none of any of your business what the reasons behind this couple's decision are.

Pretty sure they wouldn't have made it if they couldn't live with it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.