GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

fed taper in december, page-30

1. 86,110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning all,

I can't find that Armstrong article this am.

I think he said something like gold doesn't provide a stable currency - and used 1971 as an example.

I have to completely disagree with that.

I don't care whether it is fiat, gold, pigs, bitcoins or seashells as a currency base ----------

when you get a profligate borrower and spender like the USA and you get people stupid enough to just keep loaning them money. You watch them go to war - particularly when you know they are on a hiding to nothing and there is no war booty -----

then no currency base is safe.

On top of that you have allowed a huge amount of that base - in this case gold - to be stored in the irresponsible one's possession - and you have in hand more of their paper than you can fit in a truck ------- the situation is dire.

The frogs were lucky and smart.

Smart enough to get their gold and lucky enough that the yanks still had enough left.

I completely disagree with Armstrong ---------- gold can be a stable monetary system base ----------

what is unstable are economies like America ----------

they will go the way of the Romans, and all previous empires.

And, imo, they are well down the track.

Remember, when the Romans fell over - they also had big military -- it was just ground down to nothing over a little time.

have a great day all

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.