NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

Gee where have you been for so long Antonio? We went through all...

1. 2,645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Gee where have you been for so long Antonio? We went through all this in extreme detail a couple of years back!! He and a lot of others could have done a lot of things better but they didn't. No point in dragging it all back up.

I got 0ver 200 individual shareholders signed up to a class action and in total they owned well over 30 MILLION shares. You were actually one who signed up to it at the time.

I tried every legal firm I could. The basic comment was "you have got an excellent case with a good chance BUT [isn't there always a BUT] there is nothing to chase. The directors insurance has been frozen by the liquidators for their own case, the Directors have had time to rearrange their finances and the Company is dead broke" So unless we as a group were prepared to stump up the legal fees [many $$hundreds of thousands] they would not proceed. The chances of winning were good but the chances of recouping even our legal fees let alone the $50+million in losses was basically zip. When I mentioned money people who until then wanted blood couldn't get out quickly enough. I spent almost a year gathering evidence, putting 2 and 2 together, contacting ex staff, ex directors, ex auditors, getting statements, passing it all on to ATO and ASIC, having ex staff even interviewed by ASIC, and a hell of a lot more so where does "we should do a class action , explain event and sue , ive been part of one be4" come from? I still have all the info, all the names, holdings, losses, including yours so if you want it go for it. The best I was able to get was the legal case now being conducted. We can only be grateful for small mercies. I have also been in previous class actions so you are not alone and I knew what I had to do and I ripped a year out of my life on behalf of everybody but despite my best shot you can't blood out of a stone. While I feel for you your 130+K shareholding was at the bottom end of the scale with some losing millions [personally 1/2 million] and houses lost, relationships ripped apart, and some lives destroyed. During my time trying to do this on behalf of all shareholders I have seen the best and the worst of human behaviour and seen what some, living like Kings [and one Queen] are prepared to do to finance their lifestyles at the expense of the bloke on the street. This has been a huge disaster. I can't help but wonder where we would be now had it all gone to the original plan. It had so much promise and potential. It is what it is. If I missed doing anything [I very much doubt it] then it would have been miniscule and would not have alterted the result. You could not possibly comprehend the amount of work done, the mountains of paperwork accumulated, and the sheer volume of time, phone calls, distances travelled, people interviewed, etc. to not get the right result.
    So as to your initial comment "we should do a class action" - go for it!
    Last edited by gannp: 06/09/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.