federal debt - thanks kev, page-7

1. 3,331 Posts.
    daver - this aint liberal party spin - its just outright liberal party lies. they & there media friends are just so good at mis-educating the mostly 'big brother watching' public to believe their mortgage repayment increases, business failures & investment failures are all purely the result of the 2 & a bit years of labor. theres no admission from that same public of the fact that their own stupidity saw them fall victim to poor business decisions, poor investment decisions, and poor budgeting for home purchases.

my personal fear - later this year, as the economy is beginning to gear right up, growth touching 3.5%, lending rates near long term normal, unemployment back to sub 5%, and along will come the libs arguments for labor failing to control the budget deficits, putting us all in peril, and ultimately regaining power, due to the stupid big brother watching public. fast forward 6 months and theyve released their first budget, and shock horror, the economy has bounced back so fast (and as per media spin all the result of 6 months of the libs returning to power) tax receipts from the resources boom, now in full swing, has cut the deficits years from 5 to 2, and the media sells it as glory be to the god botherer abbott.

dont for one minute assume my political leanings - i swing not for the handouts of government in election years, but for which style of government is right for the time. once this recovery is done, and all factors worldwide are back close to normal, i fully support returning the libs to power, as they can generally keep things stable. but while things are still in doubt, while recovery is in progress, while the US & Europe are basketcases, leave the lefties in charge to maintain a little bit of fairness for all in the system.

the haves can have their go again when things are good, but not yet, as it will purely be at the expense of the have nots.

and for those who love to rejoice in the glory of right wing propaganda, consider posting comments in the news limited publications, or join ASF.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.