ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

federal govt approval will be needed

1. 294 Posts.
    All over the news today

Been waiting for this. It's common sense.
    So now instead of State Govt aprovals, CSG fracking method will need to be approved by Canberra.
    Major concerns over impact on land and underground water pollution. That's happening in some production sites already.
    Fortunately ICN are in the Cooper Basin which is well away from major population areas and quality farm/agricultural land.
    Approvals will take longer as all will have to go through Canberra rather than shared around the States.
    Risk/reward ratio has changed and timelines will be extended.
    There may be an initial sell-off of CSG Companies but I see this as an opportunity to get back in after selling out today.
    When the dust settles, I expect the Cooper Basin to get the green light for those Companies in there.
    In NSW some CSG projects have been stopped in recent months. The more that show up pollution of the groundwater, the more pressure on CSG fracking.
    The yanks are just going gangbusters with developments but they will be faced with the same concerns in time. Not that they ever cared much for their people (New Orleans).
    The Cooper Basin may face issues around affecting the quality of water for the well spread indigenous population.
    Just my thoughts. Feel welcome to contradict me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.