PLT 0.69% 72.5¢ plenti group limited

feedback for tth on intersuisse report et al , page-3

1. 85 Posts.
    TTH

That's fine, always best to have access to the wider picture to help make decisions. I will not get into the habit however of providing such in depth proprietary knowledge all the time. Hope it helped though anyway.

re your question re 'Home brews' these are tests sold by path labs in the US (and also here in Oz) that don't have formal FDA or TGA approval. The have been validated internally by a path lab according to NATA guidelines.

Many path labs in the US have used this loophole to get around purchasing more expensive proprietary tests that have gone through the stringent regulatory process. The FDA is currently reassesing their stance on home brews at present. Quest diagnostics for example sells >US$150m of its own home brew tests every year.

http://www.g2reports.com/issues/NIR/2006_19/1609937-1.html

http://www.geocities.com/diagnosticdeca/FDAHomeBrewReviewJuly2007.pdf

re the Genera/PLT fit for the self sampler and PapType I really have no idea, it could work down the track, but to be frank, if I were Genera, I would lean toward going with ThinPrep and Surepath from BD. Once Genera established a certain degree of market acceptance for PapType via strong IUO sales to Sonic it is something that they could consider then.

As I may have mentioned yesterday the sheer size of Sonic means that Genera may be able to get to profitability via just IUO sales, prior to getting full regulatory approval. That is highly attractive to me as an investor as I know the value of the market and most importantly I can get a good feel for how many pieces of paper will be on issue at profitablity. Once you are profitable the US and Oz capital market will give you access to serious funding (at a strong valuation) if you can demonstrate that the funding will be applied to build a new revenue stream with not too much risk. A trial using the self sampler then could be attractive to Genera.

Yeah the quality of alot of biotech analyst's out here on the numbers side is lacking!

re using some of the contents of my previous post to send to PLT, yes that's OK, but only to help get an answer re their HPV test and genotyping. I'm not in the business of giving away free advice to companies, they can pay for that!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.5¢
Change
0.005(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $127.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.0¢ 73.0¢ 71.0¢ $6.584K 9.132K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13 71.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.0¢ 142225 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.40pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.