Howdy noddan!I am continually in awe of your productive garden!...

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Howdy noddan!

I am continually in awe of your productive garden! I did at one point have a dinner plate of cherry tomatoes looking lovely on my kitchen bench, sitting under a skylight and ripening slowly. It was the only way to keep in front of the brush turkeys. They love my tower of flowers and any pots on the edge get a good going over by them. We use a mix of worm compost, searles potting mix , leaf and chipped tree mulch and a bit of sawdust to make our mix. Our worm compost, composed mostly of horse and cattle poo and our fruit and vegie leftovers, peels etc so we currently have pumpkin vines trailing everywhere, watermelon and rockmelon vines, passionfruits popping up everywhere. The only thing we specifically bought to put in a pot, so heady with our success, were strawberries. The runners did produce strawberries which weren't much bigger than a couple of peas!

My father in Mt Gambier is sounding a bit fragile, although he is 88 and bright as a button, So I am going down to see him in a week or so and will treat both of us to some offerings from the OK pie shop, no doubt! The family has a beach house in Robe and I know he wants to get up there. Part of his thinking includes me cleaning the solar panels. I'll have to let him down gently!

I will continue to salivate on your fruit and vegies. Your preserved apricots looked delectable!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.