@michelef et al !!!!- 'kitchener buns' look suspiciously like...

1. 18,319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    @michelef et al !!!!-

'kitchener buns' look suspiciously like the doughnuts my mum used to make (just during the Austrian 'Lenten times' - "Faschingskrapfen") - except they were filled with apricot jam (diffused with a little rum) on the inside and they are eaten with a dusting of icing sugar, but also have the white belt, from being fried in a mix of lard and a touch of beef fat - they are delicious - I meant to make some this year, but will bake bread instead. Today I made a wonderful beef roast from blade steak, but first let it rest in the fridge then on the sink and baked/fried it in my air fryer - AND - I am adventurous today - for the first time I used my wonderful bread-cutting machine, to make even slices for wrapping and later use, after it baked - and it was delicious and tender!

Tonight, I have also f i n a l l y managed to upload the book I wrote about our fellow poster @NoBoDe - onto Amazon.com.
    It was quite a business, I failed a number of times, and I was almost terrified from failing again, but had overlooked a simple thing right at the beginning where you have to tick 'Australia' as the country of origin. Now, for the first time, I had a response and a chance to see, what the listing is going to look like.

He is a wonderful artist and had an interesting, rather sad life - (not always sad: like most of our lives; a little bit of both, plus he's got a great sense of humour, which isn't very obvious atm because he is unwell frown.png).
    For anyone interested: it may not show up yet - because it needs to be verified by Amazon - but I made no mistakes this time - and it's on Amazon.com - by golly! this feels good - I was getting worried, @NoBoDe won't be alive anymore to see his book on Amazon. (Exaggerating of course!!!)
    and it is called:
    "The Very Secret Life of NoBoDe" - now for my next book!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5903/5903624-b7cb00c05343f94965c3819570820ccf.jpg

Good night, sleep tight
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.