Howdy tau!Have just finished scoffing 2 hot cross buns and...

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Howdy tau!

Have just finished scoffing 2 hot cross buns and feeling slightly guilty. Went down to the Coast to get my hair cut and managed to misplace my credit card between the hairdressers and the car, maybe 100 metres. Tried to cancel it on the phone while down there but my proof of ID failed, so I ventured home to get the right customer number etc. Rang again with all the numbers I could muster and was told by a call centre zealot that the previous lady had added a note saying I had to present photo id in person at a bank branch. Due to bank closures, the closest one is down the coast not too far really from where I had my hair cut. So down I went again, ground hog day. Eventually got it sorted. Hence the hotcross buns and a cup of tea when I came home. Westpac bank made an obscene profit last year and celebrated by closing branches, cutting services and cash transactions. They will however need to put on more call centres staff because I forsee a whole lot more complaints from customers like me.

I have tried to make hot cross buns and donuts at various times but they weren't a great success. My standout cook books are by Maggie Beer, especially her sour cream pastry, so easy and a veritable tomb of a cookbook by Stephanie Alexander. I have a confession though. My 2 grand daughters think I'm a great cook because we cook every Thursday afternoons after we pick them up from school/day care. They are yet to realise I am not a great cook but a lot of choc-chips and chocolate icing hides a lot of potential failures. I have a feeling they won't be complaining any time soon!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.