Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-105313

1. 18,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @wotsup reading music (and writing, especially nowadays with computer programs) is so easy - join a choir - if you belong to a church, try that.
    I make up 'stuff' on the piano, too, but find, when I use correct chord progressions etc. the end result is better. But you need a smidgeon of music theory for that and a good memory and I also found some text or a poem to base it on, maybe sing it first, before putting the digits to work smile.png works better.
    Music is such a healer!!!
    My little 'keytar' has no such possibilities as your 'Roland' - just different voices, and I enjoy that - turn on some songs on computer (my latest favourite is 'Les Feuilles Mortes') and copy on the small keyboard (only 37 keys) - but enjoy the different sounds it produces.
    and of course, all the folk songs I know - hundreds, even Australian ones. But I need to be economical with my time, so much to catch up on - and my garden, which atm is a fire hazard eek.png

re: Readig music: A quick on-line search brought this up - and many others:

https://www.musicnotes.com/blog/how-to-read-sheet-music/

P.S. I never quite 'got' the large keyboard I once owned, had fun with the rhythm section etc. but in the end did not find it satisfying - but that's me.
    I am having my piano tuned in the near future, will play my classical stuff again.
    The song you found is really nice, nice voice/interpretation too.
    Thanks
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.