Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-105853

1. 11,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    To the manor Born, with the lovely Penelope Keith from The Good Life.
    And did you ever watch the series Butterflies, that was fun.With Wendy Craig.
    But nothing can come close to Keeping up appearances lol.
    If I am nervous when hubby is driving and reluctantly ask him to slow down, I try to lighten the mood by saying in a very proper English voice Richard!
    The poor defeated brow beaten Richard, great characters.

Very nice to be appreciated for your work, it doesn’t happen often enough.

So you both had your share of dodgy cars as well haha. We never even had seatbelts and lots of people went to the pub and drove home.
    How did we ever survive, being swamped in cigarette smoke, mind you I was a smoker as well. My Mum smoked through 3 pregnancies, she started as a teenager and was forced to quit when she went into this terrific care home. She will be 93 in May.

My sister in England emailed me this morning, she went to visit Mum last week and the manager asked if Mum had ever trained in martial Arts? She answered errr no. Apparently a beautiful jolly black nurse has become good friends with her and when she was on duty a while back, Mum greeted her with hiiiiiiiya and held her hands up in some kind of kung fu position, so the nurse joined in and this went on for quite a while.
    It is now a regular occurrence after Mum asks her for kisses and hugs. My Mum has aulzheimers and dementure , I think I am getting it because I am losing my ability to spell correctly lol. Anyway after being a very unhappy woman most of her life and causing chaos, she seems to be a new happy old dear. So I am glad for her. Perhaps there are benefits to being old, after all
    Jo Jo x
    Last edited by Joannie: 23/03/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.