@Joannie - I have recently had a bit of a relapse, insofar that...

1. 17,859 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Joannie - I have recently had a bit of a relapse, insofar that I am tiring quickly, can't get through a full cleaning program without getting excessively tired, etc.
    Today, I had Dr Berg pop up on my phone and I listened to him holding forth on Glycine (jelly) - how important it is for muscle and bone, liver and eye health, and I realised even though I had an abundance of it through most of my life, lately just cooking for one person, I have been lacking in this important substance - probably now for 3 years or more.
    I do cook a whole chicken, bones and all for up to 4 hours, usually take the 'good meat' out (breast etc.) after 3/4 hour, but then cook the rest to 'kingdom come' usually spread the left-overs in the back-garden for the birds and little critters to eat - (and they make a good job of it), and i then have a wonderful jelly-like chicken soup, which gets put into ice-cream containers and frozen. I used to do that weekly, but have neglected this for a while now.
    I also remember my Dad sitting in front of a beef soup with beef in it and Mum's homemade long flat noodles and some 'token' vegetables (but they had been cooked in the soup anyway) and then a separate dish with all the cooked bones, and he would gnaw the remaining jellied meat off that with relish (and horseradish). He was a physical worker, hence he needed that for his bones. We also had liver once per week, I no longer do that, but do buy chicken livers and a small amount usually gets cooked along with the chicken for the soup, which gives an 'umami' taste.
    Similar when cooking fish soup, the fish head should go in, but they are not available over the counter in the big stores.
    Kids (and mine too) used to get jellies ("I love aeroplane jelly" . . . . ) regularly.
    I will be buying some plain gelatine and have a spoonful dissolved in water 3x per day and see how I go! I might experiment with putting it into vegetable soups, too.

Tomorrow morning's breakfast will be a poached egg and fried chicken liver.

Try the aeroplane jelly thing for your bad back!

Re TV: I watched a most beautiful travel program today - it was called: Britain's most beautiful road, but it was in Scotland!
    Good night
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.