@Margaret63 - I have recently made a new discovery about...

1. 17,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Margaret63 - I have recently made a new discovery about healthful eating, which is so simple, I am almost embarrassed by it. I do know you are almost vegetarian, but you can do an alternative: salmon 1x per week, plus proprietary jellies, (however, the gelatine of most brands is made from animal bones, cartilage etc. I believe Agar Agar makes a jelly, but does not produce Collagen!).

Prelude: whilst my husband was still alive (he died aged 56) and I had a family, I always cooked at least one 'bone soup' per week, that is meat as well as bones, took some of the meat out after 1 hour or so, to be served as a main meal, and cooked the rest to 'kingdom come' - often overnight, leaving it inside a pressure cooker (turned off). I did this with beef as well as chicken, whereby I always took off the good breast meat and some thigh meat after 3/4 hour cooking, and used it for soup at a later stage. I have still got good skin despite being an 'old hack', as someone called me on another thread.

In the last few years I have stopped doing this. Quite recently, I realised that some of my joint problems (not really bad, but noticable) and vision problems are due to lack of 'collagen' - guess what? Collagen is derived from or its production stimulated by the meat jelly, or any other gelatinous source (but not Agar Agar!).
    So for the last 2 days, I have been making jellies from my long-stored supply of 'Aeroplane Jellies' - I usually get some frozen berries (from ALDI) and put them in when the jelly is half-set and it sets very quickly. I have a bit of that 3 times per day - and can already feel some difference (alright, it might be my imagination, but will report in 1 week's time!).
    I know you like salmon - keep eating this, it's good for you in more ways than one! biggrin.png
    I'll definitely get into more fish. . . . and I want @NoBoDe to read this too, have told him on the phone smile.png but in one ear, out the other . . .
    Ciao Bella!
    Tau
    ❤️

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.