@Joannie - I have just had a rather sober awakening - Temu isn't...

1. 18,151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @Joannie - I have just had a rather sober awakening - Temu isn't worth my time. I received 2 parcels at once on Saturday, but due to lack of time I left them unopened - today I opened them and realised that with the exception of 3 items, none are 'keepers' - even the 'dress' which looks great on the 18-year old 'model' just makes me look old (it is a patterned velvet) and it has pockets right on the hips - upshot: I have to keep wearing 'simple' clothes in good materials - back to the sewing machine - maybe I can modify the dress a bit, but really it's the velvet which looks so different in 'real life'.

The pussycat top is hilarious, but it is also cut in a funny way - and even though it is an ample size: XL - it has skinny sleeves - and I have always had skinny arms, still have them, so not really comfortable, but it will do for around the house.
    I did buy - for the heck of it - a black chain necklace which has a glittering snake-head biting its own tail as a center piece - not very large - and that looks o.k. with the pussycat top. So when I want to feel witchy, because someone annoyed me, or for just around the house - I'll wear that - but not out.
    The lacy socks are made for 10-year olds - jewellery which looks great on their photos, is cheap and nasty.
    Earlier on I had bought a pair of jeans which are great - and I bought a second pair of glasses for about $16 and they are wonderful as a spare for the car to keep in the glove box (I sometimes forget my glasses when going for a short shopping trip)
    I also bought 3 small 'canvasses' with folkloric motives on them, which looked amazing in their catalogue, but in real life are a bit more rough and the colours are different, but I did buy them for the arrangement and the flower-types, as I mean to do another 'wardrobe' in folkloric style and need a bit of 'spatial' inspiration - I can change the colours and put more detail into the flowers. They were only $2.- each, so not much of an expense.

I had a good afternoon sleep during which I was back at work, working with a solicitor and was so relieved when I woke up . . .
    Ah well, the First of April is nearly over and done with.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.