@Joannie - I thought you like everything to do with 'the...

1. 18,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    @Joannie - I thought you like everything to do with 'the market'!! Not much happening at the moment, I just watched my portfolio go down after the day when I considered selling out (and didn't!) - so now it's a waiting game. World situation isn't helping much either - 2 wars going on right now, insecurity about who will 'lead' America . . . but I guess the world still always trade and will always need raw materials.

Temu: interesting - initially it was o.k. to put in a small order, then it got to: 'top up so you qualify for free postage' and then it became almost a demand. I barely noticed it at first, but that's how they make their money - in volume - and 'addicting' the purchasers slowly. It's a great business model!
    I am a bit 'over them' - I have wasted way too much time scrolling through their pretty pictures - no more!!
    but maybe they have garden lights, too - awright, just one more peep tomorrow . . .

Thanks for the compliment - and looking at early photos of mine: , all I wore in those days, was lipstick - no eye makeup, no powder, nor rouge, no shaped eye-brows like the girls have nowadays - and all those false bosoms (in the temu catalogues too!) - (girls will have to have breast and lip implants the moment they are born . . . ah is it bottoms now too?) we are a strange species. I often amuse myself, imagining a certain breed of animals, all dressed up like us humans - try it, it's fun!! Well we are doing it to dogs, aren't we??
    I actually think, all young people are beautiful, even when they are not . . .
    I had a pretty rotten weekend - got all weepy - watched Shakespeare on Netflix tonight - and that was amazing (Kenneth Branagh as Shakespeare returning to his home village and Judy Dench was his wife; she is an amazing actress, so full of feeling, humanity . . . ) . . . great costuming, great story-line, but also sad.
    I have actually been to Stratford upon Avon, i.e. Shakespeare's village and house when I was first in England . . . . I adore this man - given a choice of famous person I want to meet, it would be Shakespeare.
    Have all his plays, will read them all, when I cannot do anything else any more . . . I have seen many of his plays; some in the former old Vic, and a few in the modern building by the Thames - (the re-built old theater inside a modern structure).

"we are such things as dreams are made of" . . .
    X
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.