@Joannie - Maybe your hubby is wise - IF I hadn't sold in 2007-...

1. 18,151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @Joannie - Maybe your hubby is wise - IF I hadn't sold in 2007- 08 I would not have had that big loss - but hanging in there for years is hard to do, particularly if you have been an active trader - even though some of the then market darlings never made it big-time again. I remember following a guy with the nic 'Tibbs' - saw him posting again on HC a few years ago and he was into a different category altogether, now he no longer posts, or has gone to Sharetraders Heaven . . .
    Re Shakespeare:
    I was something of a snob when young - and when I came to England and worked as an au pair (later: waitress): I and a friend used to take the long trek from Barnet (end of the Northern Line) to south of the River where the Old Vic was then and simply sit ' in the gods' and listen to this amazingly musical English, which was nothing like the slang the kitchen staff spoke - - never understand much in the beginning, but 'felt it' as in music. I still respond to the wonderful rhythm in his language - do a bit of poetry myself (not big league at all)
    but I never had much time for the German poets - so perhaps it was the lure of the exotic - ???
    and I understand you totally!
    Temu: lucky you - yes I have had some luck, but must have picked the wrong items this time, but do like my musical pussycat top, even though it isn't at all well taylored, might have a go at it.
    and they do have garden lights! is there anything they don't sell????
    Good luck with your dress-making - I have some half-finished items in the wardrobe . . . but this week I will seriously tackle Amazon re 'the book' - had to take a break, both, physically and mentally.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.