@Joannie so, so sorry. I have had a sad week, but today I heard...

1. 18,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    @Joannie so, so sorry. I have had a sad week, but today I heard from my former French teacher, who some ten years ago had decided to join her children in Israel and I lost a good friend. She was a lot of fun, too: English/Australian mother, French/Jewish father . . . Quite recently I have taken up contact with her again via Facebook (I am not into Facebook in any meaningful way, just take a look now and then) - 1 month ago she lost a son-in-law in the present conflicts, he was a professional soldier - today there was a message that one of her daughters had died from cancer this morning.
    It affected me too, again, but what do you say? I feel I want to offer her to call me when she is feeling bad, seeing I have been there. . .

That puts life into some perspective.
    No gardener, but new piano tuner, who will come round next week, we had a hoot of a telephone conversation, talking about dating etc. - he is 72 and has just about given up. and with a tuned piano, I will have to practice again . . .

Enjoy the evening, dear JoJo! - I made some slow progress today, mostly owing to only having slept 2 hours last night!
    X
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.