Dear pica,Oh my lovely friend, I did not see your message, so...

1. 10,991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Dear pica,

Oh my lovely friend, I did not see your message, so sorry. I have been feeling horrid and probably missed several others as well.
    I am sad to hear that you have knee problems as well, it really restricts everything which you wish to do.
    It is good that you can do some gardening still, I can’t, what with my knee and my back, I feel as if I am going downhill fast, but hopefully it will pass.
    Yes LTR is sooo frustrating, even worse is the possibility that the big lady, as someone called her yesterday, may benefit in the end.
    I have been forbidden to put any more money in to stocks, truly. My husband has never really told me ever not to do anything, I could get round him, but I respect his concerns as I have managed to lose a lot of money, not like me to do that.
    I am just arranging to put most of the rest of our super into a one year term deposit with the Great Southern Bank. Their rate is 5% but I discovered today that if you are an old jalopy like me, over 55 that it is 5.10% which is great.
    They are in QLD, they really are a not for profit credit union, but changed their name to bank some time ago.
    I am so cheesed off with the CBA, if you ring them, you often have to hold on to get them to answer for 40 mins minimum.
    These guys at GSB answer almost instantly and are really helpful. They even have an instant transfer system up to $5000, where you can make a transfer to anyone in one minute! Such a refreshing change.
    How gorgeous to spend time with your cousin and her cute grandson
    I am sure you are better off using taxi’s even though you miss your car, bless you.
    But are you the only person in the world who has not been TEMU’ed yet?
    Some of their things are not so good, but they are very cooperative about returns, even though they say just one item per order can be returned, they always have agreed to take more back and have often said, we will refund you, but you can keep it, so long as it is within 90 days. They have also increased their minimum spend from $15 to $30, but apparently, if you go on to their chat and say eg. I have spent $17 please can you get this through, they do. One of the ladies I was on chat with called me a beloved customer lol, but apparently that is quite a common saying, OTT or what I have actually bought some really good things from them at crazy cheap prices.
    I know they are Chinese, I am not concerned about security as I do not use the app and only make payments via PayPal, so they don’t have access to my credit card number either.
    Also, another thing to bear in mind imo, is that almost everything in the shops is made in China anyway.
    A friend of mine opened a very posh ooh la la ladies boutique in Perth several years ago, where each item sold for hundreds and I was shocked that all of her stock was Chinese.
    If Australians produced their own goods, it would be a different matter, but labour is too expensive, so sadly those days are gone. Apart from people like you who are real craftswomen and make wonderful slippers
    Yes, I have forgiven T although she says she cannot remember what it was all about, but life is too short.
    My husband is going to England for a month in July, I could not travel as I cannot walk more than a few steps. But between you and me and the gatepost, I am really scared about being on my own, but he must go and visit his family. My daughter is going to find me a daily dog walker and she will help where she can, but she has two completely wild feral autistic/adhd young children who suck the life out of her, so I don’t want to burden her. I shall have to try and be brave.
    I miss our little chats, I feel like calling you Granny Pica as I used to, but you are far too young.
    With affection Jo Jo xx

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.