@Joannie until we all stop eating meat, the actual butchering of...

1. 17,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    @Joannie until we all stop eating meat, the actual butchering of animals on the mass scale needed to feed billions of people is always going to be an industrial and nasty process. For most of my life here in W.A. I have been able to buy my meat from boutique butchers, who held land in the country, or kept farmers on contracts, but they are few and far in between now - - the last one was a Yugoslav butcher, but some fight between relatives and that great butcher shop, who also made all their own sausages on the premises, is gone. Now I just buy plain meat from mostly Coles - have tried the odd 'Aldi' sausage, but never buy their 'Berg' stuff, it tastes horrid and they make it look European by placing a 'schwa' diacritic above the letter "e" in the German name/word 'Berg' - this alone should be a 'dodge-alert' hint! . . . . No diacritic above the letter 'e' in German, but only in the letters ä ö ü or Ä Ö Ü -
    I sometimes fail to be happy about being 'human' - I guess more people will become Vegetarian in future, or at least partly so. Maybe we will 'have to'.
    Take care
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.