@Joannie I have got just one precious 'old' thing, which I/we...

1. 17,902 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    @Joannie I have got just one precious 'old' thing, which I/we bought second-hand and it is probably got solid Mahogany fronts for the drawers - it is a 'Butler's Desk' - my husband restored it, but it only ever got treated with oil-containing furniture polish. Ah yes, I have 6 genuine 1906 Bentwood chairs, made in Vienna, still had the 'Monarchy' labels on them, 'Austrian' chairs, also called 'Bentwood chairs', but we took them to pieces and cleaned and re-assembled them many years ago, that is me and my husband, who has since passed. I have still got them, they are 'Kohn' Angel chairs. We took them back to the natural wood, but then stained them a darker colour.

Bedroom furniture is nice and reddish-brown, but turned posters at bed head and ends.
    I sold most of my picturesque 'painted' furniture - gave away one wardrobe - and have another one in the garage, half-finished - planning to make that real nice - one day - when I have no other jobs.
    I think I posted the painted side-board one on here - with two dolls sitting on top (one hand-made by me) - but this is a different photograph of same side board - I painted flowers over the top of the existing finish- all done in one weekend whilst I was still working . . . I had oodles of energy back then - and that looks really nice, I think, you might remember it.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6116/6116234-265ddbcd785969b7e470cd25c1e5709c.jpg

There are two of @NoBoDe's paintings in this photograph - the Central one is by a woman friend I have known from my country days and I have since returned it to her - as she requested it. At the moment there is only one of NBD's large paintings above the sideboard.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.