@NoBoDe - I used to make my own cottage cheese - which is much...

1. 17,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @NoBoDe - I used to make my own cottage cheese - which is much simpler than this to make - but good quality milk is an absolute must for any of this to work, see @Joannie's post, who used their own fresh milk.
    In the olden days, of which I saw the tail-end - now and then, when I had a holiday in the country as a child - cattle was taken up onto the mountain meadows for summering - and a man or woman, sometimes a couple - would come along with them - and stay in a simple 'hut' which provided simple shelter and had a wood stove, storage facilities, a butter churn etc. - to milk the cattle and make butter and cheese from their wonderful milk, infused with the goodness of mountain herbage. Once a someone from the 'valley' would come up with an ox cart and pick up the produce
    . . . . I once was on one of those trips with the younger kids of the farmer - wonderful experience - oh well, here goes Taurisk again blah blah blah - apologies
    I used the A2 milk or a similar local product, will do again, as it is superior to anything you can buy.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.