@Joannie, JoJo - I know you mean well - but we all age at...

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @Joannie, JoJo - I know you mean well - but we all age at different rates, and what is most required is a sense of humour, on top of the stick or the rollator or whatever . . . and I know you have got that, too!!
    Like on Sunday, when I had literally been 'tipped' into a horizontal (and painful) position by moving earth - the slab had never been stable, but the long dry and then the rain had washed away whatever support it had on the edge) - I fell forward, held out my hands and didn't hurt vital organs, but I hurt so much, I was unable to get up, but then checked and nothing broken, just pain from falling on a rock in the pathway (part of the in-ground rock face upon which I reside) which my wonderful Italian guy is also going to flatten for me, when he has the time) and found myself thinking:

"I'll just rest here awhile, maybe I can do some weeding while 'I'm down here'" - and had a giggle, all to myself, about myself - saw the humour in my situation and how lucky I really was.

Yesterday friends turned up out of the blue - wife 5 years younger than me, has had several operations on her back and a recent hip replacement, can only walk with a stick, but she can walk - a few weeks ago she was in a wheelchair - and both have kept their sense of humour, that is, she is back into nagging him . . . . doesn't know how lucky she is to have a partner who would do anything for her, even die for her.

What do they say; different strokes etc.??!!
    Keep walking - I'll let you know what my exercise statistics are - next week maybe - have a lot of 'office work' to deal with atm.
    X
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.