@Joannie Addendum to a former message but addressed to JoJo, or...

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169

@Joannie Addendum to a former message but addressed to JoJo, or anyone interested! and it is from yesterday . .
    This morning, after I practiced the Moonlight Sonata (woefully!) on my sparkling sounding piano, I re-visited some of the topics I discussed with my piano tuner. He had given me a link to something called 'The Schumann Resonance'!

I checked it out (yes @NoBoDe, I know what you are thinking 'curiosity will kill this cat!')
    AND found:
    a bit of new agey gobbledegook, but also some basic information about the fact that all life on earth and us too, are living in a sound pocket created by Mother Earth, which hums - usually - at about 7.83 hz - a rumbling too low for human hearing - but we pollute this with other sounds, including having all sorts of electronic gadgets 'on' until we get to bed and even then some people have a head-board full of electronic gadgetry. To truly relax we need to tune into Mother Earth's low rumblings, give or take a hertz or two.

. . . . and while on gadgets: It seems we can actually produce that sound in a gadget called a 'Schumann Oscillator' which can be bought from Amazon.com.au, but also Temu (wouldn't you know rolleyes.png) for less than $50. You put it on your bedside table (or even further away in your bedroom), connect it to a plug and apparently it guarantees a good night's sleep - it emits 7,83 hz, but you can also set it higher or lower. Optimum for humans seems to be in that range. And I have ordered it, as I do have nights when I sleep badly. But it's supposed to help with mood disorders, improves sleep, health etc.
    The actual description is:

"Schumann Resonance Ultra-low Frequency Pulse Wave Generator Audio Resonator Sine Wave"

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0CW64G3ZF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

XX
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.