That is so true @wotsup, I seem to attract people like me, who...

1. 11,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 662
    That is so true @wotsup, I seem to attract people like me, who need to talk. It is really odd.
    Wherever in the world I have travelled, I seem to find someone in the most odd places who I can see are troubled.
    I remember sitting on a very uncomfortable low railing outside a Scottish airport and by the time my husband returned from inside, me and this very much younger man had shared quite intimate feelings about our lives.
    He said I had helped him and no doubt he had helped me as well.

My husband, although I love him to death, steers away from emotional conversations
    I have read that many mens worst nightmares are awoken, when their wife says something like.
    I would like to talk about something.
    It is not their fault, so many young boys are taught to suppress their feelings, but this does not help them when they grow up.
    I had the privilege of bringing up one of my stepchildren.
    A lovely lad, from age 14. He always felt rejected by his Mum, perhaps she had post natal depression.
    I had only had daughters and it was a big challenge.

He was obviously damaged and so very jealous of his younger stepsisters, but after a few years it was so wonderful.
    We are very close, even though he is in England.
    He has turned out to be a wonderful father and husband.
    Mind you, if he was younger, I would never have allowed him to go shooting everything in the countryside which moved.
    Pigeons, rabbits etc etc.
    But he is a sweet pea.
    I have even forgiven him for shooting one of our hens, in the beginning. Saying, that chicken needs to die!
    I gave him shit at the time though.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.