Dear Tau, I was unaware that Greta was autistic. That does...

1. 11,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 662
    Dear Tau, I was unaware that Greta was autistic. That does explain a great deal I guess.
    Two of my grandchildren are and their Mum, who was always so terribly difficult has now been diagnosed.
    She said it was a relief to finally understand herself, as she always “felt wrong”.
    She dearly wanted me to see her psych as on a self check list I hit 100% for this condition. But I did not want to.
    On reflection, perhaps I should have because now my daughter is on Ritalin she feels like a new person and it enables her to better cope with her two children.
    I could imagine my granddaughter being like Greta, but I hope not.

Yes it is good that she is spreading the word, but on the other hand I wish her parents could get her to tone down the aggression.
    That is a very negative message for young people to learn and look up to someone who does come across as a real brat.

I still totally despair of the way people live, especially now that we are back in the burbs.
    The knocking down of perfectly decent houses after 30 years. The need to change their decor to the latest fad, sickens me. Our car, like yours is very old. But we have no intention to change it just for appearance sake.
    Our son in law is always teasing us about it.
    Yes temu, mmmm but I had bought no new clothes for over 25 years. Still it does encourage more waste and blatant consumerism.

Many of us old hippies will not be around in the next few decades, but my daughters have learned the value of preserving old furniture. Cooking from scratch, sewing, repairing and making things and much more. But Perth is very different from a lot of the communities in England, where thank heavens the “alternative” communities still thrive. I do not mean the LCBTG lot. Or whatever they are calling themselves today.

So lets me end this with that beautiful song by Michael Jackson, which those children were singing.Have to look for it now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.