@Joannie - I didn't jump into bed with 'Zlatko' (that was his...

1. 18,083 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 162
    @Joannie - I didn't jump into bed with 'Zlatko' (that was his name) and he was extremely good-looking, he was a Serb - probably a bit of a Mumma's boy, as he was still living at home - he had an easy job, some kind of government official. Very civilised - he even came to visit me in Vienna, or rather my Mum - all very polite, above board.

Thinking back, I am astonished how much freedom my mother gave me! She never admonished me etc. probably realised I had inherited her good sense, even though I had the usual 'iffy' childhood experiences, or rather brushes with perverts. Growing up in a big city, where I used to get myself to school, then piano lessons, later museums and theaters, by walking or by public transport from age 9 or 10 on, it comes naturally that you become street-wise.

Re older men: Where is your humanity, dear JoJo? Men get a hard deal these days from young women and women in general; - and don't we all like to look at the beauty of young people?
    After my husband died, I met someone who was as handsome as he had been, turned out he was from Yugoslavia, but what a mixed-up sad bit of manhood he was, - and yes, he was going off to Bali on a regular basis, doing what you describe. Yet when you dug deeper you realised that his humanity was taken from him by his own father, who took pleasure in horse-whipping him in the fields for the smallest error/transgression etc. often on account of false tales told by his (young) step-mother - his real mother had died when he was still a young boy. He eventually just took off one day, applied to come to Australia and here he had been working mostly on mines up North - he never married, never had 'normal' relationships with women.
    I began to have some feelings of humanity for him, allowed him his prejudices, laughed at some of his outrageous stories (he could be very crude) but I never had more than a 'listening' role in his life - I hope I helped him a little bit. He could not relate to women his own age, he had to be in the superior position; THEY had to be very young, very adoring - etc. etc. - even though he must have known that 'MONEY TALKS'. I no longer see him, as I left his circle of friends a long time ago.

Generally: men want so little of women and are prepared to give so much.
    I better get myself ready, need a bath, wash hair, etc. a friend is picking me up at 11:45 and daughter will collect me from the hospital in the afternoon.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.