@Margaret63 - he is healing - sleeping a lot, but no longer...

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @Margaret63 - he is healing - sleeping a lot, but no longer indulging, except ciggies from time to time, but much better, really!!
    No longer talking diets and what to do with celeriac bulbs etc. (btw which I could not get this year, anywhere have to get used to the green stalks)
    He is a bit sad, that the thread is no longer what it once was - but nothing ever stays the same - does it?

I had my daughter here today to look after me and she noticed for the first time the cartoon @NoBoDe drew of me, as I was telling off the head of the local Woolworths vegetable section - even grabbed me the manager. It was a fine Saturday morning - and this is some years ago - and not a single fresh 'green' vegetable in sight, which I needed for specific dish for that evening.
    The both protested at me, that indeed, the veggies were fresh and I literally marched them through, only finding wilting stuff, pointing this out, whereupon I was told 'they were on sale' - which made me even madder - 'vegetables on sale which were wilting' so the 'death march' continued, eventually halting in front of a very sad-looking bunch of radishes, almost falling 'sagging' off the shelf.
    I grabbed it, held it shook the wrinkly radish balls and said to the Vegetable 'Manager':

"YOU call these RADISHES?
    These are old men's balls you have hanging here!!"

You should have seen their faces - it was almost funny, if I hadn't been so embarrassed as soon as had vented my anger.

I never went back to that store for two years - and these days it does have the better veggies in the small suburb I am living in, but not due to my outburst, more likely due to the fact that ALDI have moved in - so more competition!!!!

and NoBoDe drew this cartoon:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6204/6204296-5118dd735f321c45865edaecaa06d2f1.jpg

X
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.